I found this in an unnamed folder. I think I was working through the category of “books that I feel weird about”
- Anne of Green Gables: because I didn’t know you could swap reading for sleep
- Mandingo: I guess it was a movie tie in. Perry King was on the cover and he hypnotized me. Jesus, they boil a guy
- Shibumi: I didn’t know it was a parody
- Our Bodies Ourselves: Most embarrassing birthday present ever. Pro-tip: Vag leads to Ute.
- Harrold Robbins books: I bought most of my books at the damned grocery store when I was 15. MESSED. UP.
- Tarantula, Kathy Acker. Recommended whisperly by the poet who taught research methods. I read it because I was afraid of him.
- A Tale of Two Men. Taylor Caldwell. Really hot scene of a guy touching a girl’s ankle.
- The Inheritors, Goldman. I was in a crosslisted course packed with athletes, given free range. Had no idea.
- The Girl With The Curious Hair. One day you will be adrift in an MFA program and A*** C***** will slide a book your way and say “you need to read this.”
- I bought your book at AWP to be polite.
- The Catalogue